PBFA Board Members and ED celebrate Year One at Expo West 2017
The Plant Based Foods Association is made up of mission-aligned industry members who share a vision of a plant-based future. We advocate to level the playing field for the plant-based foods industry, both in policy and in the marketplace. By joining our passionate community, you will help secure a fair and profitable future for plant-based foods.
Full Voting Member – Any business that either makes or sells plant-based foods. Food companies can be only full members, not affiliates.
Affiliate Member – Non-voting affiliate members either work in the industry or just want to support us. Affiliates can be either individuals or organizations. Organizational affiliate logos are displayed in our member directory; all affiliates receive updates, and help us grow the plant-based foods industry.
Investor Member – Non-voting investor members can join to support our cause and enjoy all affiliate member benefits and more. Investors should be accredited and can be either individuals or organizations. Organizational investor logos are displayed in our member directory; please see this page for additional information on investor members.
Top Ten Reasons to Join Us
- Increase visibility for your brand and mission. Our robust membership directory proudly displays your logo, links to your website, and is searchable by food type and location.
- Gain a voice on Capitol Hill. We are fighting against the “Dairy Pride Act”, ensuring our industry’s voice is heard loud and clear. Read the press release about our lobbying firm in DC and see the media coverage in Politico.
- Help guide our Standards Committee. Work to define plant-based food categories such as milk and cheese. See the media coverage in Politico of our first meeting in May 2017 in San Francisco.
- Access to our media contacts and PR strategies. Media coverage for our members in the wake of the Dairy Pride Act included articles in the New York Times, the Washington Post, and the San Francisco Chronicle. In March 2017 alone, PBFA had 336 media hits.
- Learn from experts in members-only webinars. Past webinar topics have included food labeling laws, breaking into college dining, and marketing strategies.
- Exclusive access to our members-only reports and documents. We purchase data that is helpful to our members, such as growth projections within specific sectors of the plant-based foods industry.
- Participate in outreach to retailers and food service directors. We are developing materials to educate conventional retailers and college food service directors about the growth opportunities in plant-based foods.
- Find a mentor or become a mentor, and network with other members through both online communities and in-person events.
- Enjoy numerous members-only discounts including data from SPINS, projects from various media and design firms, and advertising in VegNews. View current list.
- Obtain legal guidance and access to resources and a network that will help grow your business.
“Every time that we have needed help in searching for ingredients, packaging, retail product options, or general business requests, PBFA has connected us to the right people.” – Aubry Walch, The Herbivorous Butcher
Bonus reason: Our members love PBFA! Read our member testimonials here.
How much does it cost?
See Our Full Membership Dues (PDF)
Affiliate member dues are $250.
What else should I know?
Read Our Strategic Plan (PDF)
Read Our Bylaws (PDF)
Read Our Values (PDF)
Read Our Membership Policy (PDF)
Ready to Join?
Questions about membership?
Contact Executive Director Michele Simon at Michele@PlantBasedFoods.org.