News & Media
Total Press Hits Generated: 151
- Online: 70
- Broadcast (TV & Radio): 42
- Print (Newspapers & Magazines): 39
Total Circulation Reached: 82,767,524
Do you have a passion for healthy and sustainable eating? Love working for a start-up organization? The Plant Based Foods Association needs your talent to help us grow our young trade group. Launched in March 2016 (covered by The New York Times), we already have 65 company members including many of the nation’s leading brands. Our mission is to ensure a fair and competitive marketplace for businesses selling plant-based foods intended to replace animal products. (Check out our website.)
We are seeking a talented self-starter who can build on our early momentum and support our growing community of passionate business leaders. You can help us by:
- Supporting our important programs in retailer outreach and policy change
- Maintaining our database of members, donors, and other supporters (experience with the software MemberClicks a huge plus)
- Researching and contacting reporters, bloggers and other influencers to spread our message (experience with Meltwater also a plus)
- Assisting with donor development and other fundraising tasks
- Posting to our social media to support our members and share our successes
- Assisting our Executive Director Michele Simon with fun and creative tasks
Position is half-time employee to start. Must reside in San Francisco Bay Area and be able to work remotely. Starting salary: $22,000 for 20 hours per week. Women and applicants from underrepresented populations strongly encouraged to apply.
Ready to help us @GrowPlantBased? To apply, please send resume and brief cover letter to Noelle Callahan at Noelle@plantbasedfoods.org. Open until filled.
Are you ready for some exciting news? PBFA has been offered a generous matching challenge grant of $25,000. So, we have until December 31 to raise $25,000, which will turn into $50,000 for our groundbreaking work. Since launching in March, PBFA has already accomplished so much:
Over the past week, PBFA rocked the Natural Products Expo in Baltimore, and then met with members of Congress to educate policymakers about our growing industry.
Read our press release below and at PR Web.
Plant Based Foods Industry Contributes $13.7 Billion Annually to U.S. Economy
New analysis from the Plant Based Foods Association shows plant-based food sector added 60,000+ jobs that pay $13,000 higher annual salaries than average U.S. income. The growing industry also pays $1.1 billion in federal and state taxes each year.
While food startups make headlines, our democracy also needs significant venture capital funding.
Read the latest op-ed by Michele Simon and Elizabeth Kucinich at New Hope.
If you love plant-based foods and are skilled and passionate about social media the Plant Based Foods Association wants you! Join our team as a volunteer social media coordinator for a few hours a week to research and share news and articles about delicious and innovative plant-based foods, while promoting our members and their activities.
- Research news, articles, and reports about plant-based foods
- Share news as it happens on all social media platforms
- Promote our members through social media
- Expand our reach on various social media platforms and engage our followers
- Solid understanding of various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
- Dependable and consistently available 5-10 hours per week during business hours
- Confident working independently and taking direction as necessary
- Passion for promoting plant-based food companies
Email Noelle Callahan at Noelle@PlantBasedFoods.org
Please include why you are interested in helping us with our mission, your qualifications, and availability.
The recently published global forecast for the dairy alternatives industry by the research firm MarketsandMarkets projects strong growth through 2020, furthering evidence of consumer preferences trending toward a plant-based diet. Here we summarize the key findings of the study.
Yesterday the Plant Based Foods Association submitted an amicus (friend of the court) brief to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals requesting it to affirm the U.S District Court’s ruling that Idaho’s “Ag-Gag” statute is unconstitutional. This is the first time that a U.S appellate court will consider the constitutionality of an “Ag-Gag” law. In addition, the Plant Based Foods Association submitted a brief making the novel legal argument that the law places plant-based foods at an unfair economic disadvantage, given the negative effects this law has on consumer access to information and competition in the market place. Read more