We are seeking a communications pro who can build on our momentum and support our growing association. You are a dynamic, driven communications professional who is passionate about plant-based foods and eager to develop and execute a communications program to support our important mission.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for internal and external communications
- Distill advocacy policies into easy-to-understand content
- Create content that supports our association goals, initiatives, and vision
- Write and edit stories that align with our overall policy and business strategy
- Create media kit and provide background information for media
- Engage in proactive outreach for stories and media placement
- Write and post content for our website and social media
- Develop and maintain our media contact list
- Support our ED with all other communication needs
- Minimum 5 years communications experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning, organization, and time management skills
- Experience developing robust communication strategies
- Stakeholder planning and engagement experience
- Exceptional story teller who can identify and develop compelling member stories
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team
- Attention to detail and flexibility to shift with changing priorities
- Familiarity with the plant-based foods industry a plus, and a passion for promoting plant-based foods a must.
This is a full-time position. Must be able and willing to work remotely. Some travel required. Salary is in mid-60’s, with healthcare, retirement, plus generous PTO. Applicants from underrepresented populations strongly encouraged to apply.
Ready to help us @growplantbased? To apply, please send your resume and brief cover letter (one-page max) with “Communications Director” in the subject line, to Michele Simon at Michele@plantbasedfoods.org. No-calls. Open until filled.