(Edited on 2/26/18)
We are seeking a talented, outgoing, experienced consultant who can build on our early momentum and support our growing community of passionate business leaders. You are responsible for developing our new retailer outreach program. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to help grow this young industry.
- Conduct outreach to PBFA members to learn about their challenges in retail
- Develop and implement merchandising programs and strategy to grow shelf space
- Develop relationships with top retailers in conventional and natural channels
- Secure meetings with decision-makers of top retailers to educate and engage
- Gather and analyze key data for sales, consumer insights, and other indicators
- Develop compelling educational and marketing materials to support strategy
- Attend and present at food trade shows and other relevant events
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the executive director
- Minimum 2 years of experience in food retail environment or equivalent
- One year in category management or sales with a retailer or brand
- Demonstrated relationships and connections with leaders in food retail sector
- Experience communicating with executive leadership
- Ability to build, think, and act strategically
- Ability to work independently without oversight
- Proven track record of sales or equivalent persuasive ability
- Strong planning, time management, and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for promoting and growing penetration of plant-based foods
- Outgoing, you must be a people person!
This is a part-time, consultant position, hourly pay is based on experience and negotiable. Potential to become full-time. Some travel required. Applicants from underrepresented populations strongly encouraged to apply.
Ready to help us @GrowPlantBased? To apply, please send your resume and brief cover letter (one-page max) with “Retailer Relations” in the subject line, to Michele Simon at Michele@plantbasedfoods.org. No-calls. Open until filled.