Do you want to be part of an exciting organization dedicated to the advocacy and support of the plant-based foods industry? The Plant Based Foods Association represents over 160 company members including many of the nation’s leading brands. Our mission is to build a solid foundation for the plant-based foods industry to succeed and thrive.
We are seeking a talented, outgoing, experienced policy analyst, who can build on our early momentum and support our growing community of passionate business leaders. You will help advance our state policy agenda, with a focus on agriculture, in coordination with PBFA’s state-level lobbyist and reporting to the executive director. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to help grow this young industry.
- Research and maintain data to identify top agricultural ingredients in PBFA members’ foods
- Develop and maintain robust tools to map locations of PBFA members and ingredient supply chain
- Research potential agricultural policy levers to support input ingredients
- Develop relationships with key contacts in states to advance agricultural opportunities
- Develop relationships with PBFA ingredient supply members and non-members
- Assist with mobilizing members and non-members to support our state-level policy agenda.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, law, agriculture policy; graduate degree preferred
- At least three years of experience in legislative advocacy or similar policy experience
- Extensive knowledge of food and agricultural policy issues, especially at the state level
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with multiple stakeholders and in across political spectrum
- Exceptional writing and oral presentation skills, superior ability to communicate policy concepts
- Experience with mapping tools, or demonstrated ability to manage complex mapping projects
- Self-motivated, creative problem solver with ability to prioritize under multiple deadlines
- Passion for promoting plant-based foods.
This is a full-time position. Must be able and willing to work remotely. Some travel required, may be extensive at times depending on activity. Salary is DOE, with healthcare, retirement, plus generous PTO. Applicants from underrepresented populations strongly encouraged to apply. More info about PBFA, visit plantbasedfoods.org.
Ready to help us @growplantbased? To apply, please send your resume and brief cover letter (one-page max) with “Policy Analyst” in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls. Open until filled.