Are you ready for some exciting news? PBFA has been offered a generous matching challenge grant of $25,000. So, we have until December 31 to raise $25,000, which will turn into $50,000 for our groundbreaking work. Since launching in March, PBFA has already accomplished so much:
- Signed up more than 60 company members, including leading packaged food companies, ingredient suppliers, meal delivery services, and wholesalers
- Added more than 35 affiliate members including investors, marketing firms, and individual supporters
- Enjoyed widespread media coverage in such top outlets as the New York Times, Politico, and Forbes, as well as many trade publications including Food Navigator and Food Business News (View our long list of media hits here.)
- Gave successful keynote addresses and spoke on panels at trade shows and consumer events across the nation
- Connected members to each other to provide resources to grow their businesses
- Met with members of Congress and other government officials
- Became recognized as the go-to resource for the plant-based foods industry
PBFA has built the momentum right out of the gate to succeed. Now we need your help to keep the positive energy going. About half of our revenues come from membership dues, the other half comes from generous sponsors and donors. Our membership is diverse, and includes many small and start-up companies. Our mission is to help these companies succeed, and we need your year-end investment to help pave the way for plant-based food enterprises.
Here are a few projects we have planned for 2017:
- Building a map of our members to connect them to their Congressional districts
- Working with federal regulators to standardize labels for plant-based foods
- Creating a directory of our members’ products for retailers and food service operators
- Conducting outreach to retailers to make plant-based foods easier to locate
- Describing how animal agriculture subsidies place plant-based foods at an economic disadvantage in the marketplace.
Thank you for helping us @GrowPlantBased!
Michele (at) PlantBasedFoods.org