We are seeking a talented self-starter who can build on our early momentum and support our growing community of passionate business leaders. The Admin Assistant’s work will support our important programs in retailer and food service outreach and policy change.
- Maintaining our database of members, donors, and other supporters
- Maintaining our database of friendly Members of Congress and their staff
- Maintaining our list of reporters and others to spread our message
- Writing copy for our member newsletter and blog posts
- Updating our website with exciting news, research, and other resources
- Assisting with donor management and other fundraising tasks
- Posting to our social media to support our members and share our successes
- Assisting our Executive Director Michele Simon with various tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with professional tone
- Tech skills: E.g., be proficient in WordPress and website management
- Strong social media skills (familiarity with HootSuite a plus)
- Willingness to learn MemberClicks, Mailchimp, Quorum, and Bloomerang
- Extreme attention to detail, and ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once and flexibility as priorities shift
- Ability to work independently, but be open to direction and collaboration
Most important is the right attitude: You should be willing to do any and all tasks to support the mission. This is a full-time, entry-level position, with a salary range in the mid 40’s. Must reside in San Francisco Bay Area and be able to work remotely most of the time, with occasionally working from our Oakland office.
Applicants from underrepresented populations strongly encouraged to apply.
Ready to help us @GrowPlantBased? To apply, please send your resume and brief cover letter (one-page max) with “Admin Assistant Plus” in the subject line, to Sabina Vyas at email@example.com. No-calls or other emails. Failure to follow these instructions will result in your application not being considered. Open until filled.
For more information visit plantbasedfoods.org.