Do you want to be part of an exciting organization dedicated to the advocacy and support of healthy and sustainable eating? The Plant Based Foods Association represents 125 company members including many of the nation’s leading brands. Our mission is to promote the plant-based foods industry by removing obstacles to a fair and competitive marketplace for alternatives to animal ingredients and products.
PBFA is seeking a full-time development / major gifts fundraising expert. Are you passionate about plant-based foods? Help us build and enhance relationships to support our 501 C-3 non-profit arm, the PBFA Research and Education Fund.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward gifts from prospects and donors with the goal of significantly growing our base and increasing the lifetime value of those supporters.
- Partner with the executive director to determine background, strategies and action steps needed to identify and develop major gift donors.
- Coordinate with staff on major giving and sponsorship tracking.
- Take lead in creating and executing major donor events.
- Commit to goals that contain specific timelines, projected results, and outcomes.
- Document all activity in our Bloomberg database.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in development, specifically in major gifts.
- Proven track-record of donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to draft and/or review the production of high-quality donor correspondence.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and as part of a team, be highly motivated and take a proactive approach to your work.
- Ability to think critically, strategically and creatively about annual and campaign fundraising.
- Tactfulness, discretion, and commitment to confidentiality.
- Must possess the willingness to be flexible to support the mission, goals and objectives of the organization.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and comfort using donor database system. Previous experience with Bloomerang database system a plus.
This is a full-time position. Must be able and willing to work remotely. Some travel required. Salary DOE, with healthcare, retirement, plus generous PTO. Applicants from underrepresented populations strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send compelling cover letter and resume to Ciara LaChaux at Ciara@plantbasedfoods.org with subject line “Development / Major Gifts” Note: Applications not demonstrating significant experience and success in major gifts fundraising will not be considered. No calls.