Do you want to be part of an exciting organization dedicated to the advocacy and support of healthy and sustainable eating? The Plant Based Foods Association represents 125 company members including many of the nation’s leading brands. Our mission is to promote the plant-based foods industry by removing obstacles to a fair and competitive marketplace for alternatives to animal ingredients and products.
We are seeking a marketing and communications pro who can build on our momentum and support our growing association. You are a dynamic, driven communications professional who is passionate about plant-based foods and eager to develop and execute a communications program to support our important mission.
Responsibilities in marketing:
- Develop and implement a strategy to market PBFA membership and sponsorship
- Develop and implement a strategy to market PBFA’s Certified Plant Based stamp
- Support PBFA’s retail and food service programs with various marketing tactics
Responsibilities in communications:
- Develop and implement a strategy for internal and digital communications
- Write and edit blog posts, newsletters, and other written communications
- Oversee all external and internal website content, graphics, and updates
- Create and post content for our website, internal member site, and social media
- Support our ED with other related marketing and communication needs
- Minimum 5 years in marketing and communications experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent eye for design, web page layout, with graphics skills a plus
- Experience developing robust communication strategies
- Exceptional story teller who can identify and develop compelling member stories
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team
- Attention to detail and flexibility to shift with changing priorities
- Demonstrated marketing and communications experience in the food industry
- Familiarity with the plant-based foods industry a plus, and a passion for promoting plant-based foods a must.
This is a full-time position. Must be able and willing to work remotely. Some travel required. Salary DOE, with healthcare, retirement, plus generous PTO. Applicants from underrepresented populations strongly encouraged to apply.
Ready to help us @growplantbased? To apply, please send your resume, writing sample, and brief cover letter (one-page max) with “Marketing and Communications” in the subject line, to Ciara LaChaux at Ciara@plantbasedfoods.org. No-calls. Open until filled.